Are you looking for an internship and do you want to use your skills to make an impact? Are you enthusiastic, organised and proactive? Make your mark and contribute to the learning and development of employees at African Clean Energy, an award winning BCorp.
Role: Intern (Training / Career Development / Learning and Development)
Location: Amsterdam (digitally until possible to return to office)
Reporting: Direct to ACE’s Training Coordinator Susanne van Vugt and COO Judith Joan Walker
Duration and Compensation: 3-6 Months with monthly stipend of €250.
About African Clean Energy
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing enterprise focused on providing access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology. We do this by making our clean energy system, the ACE One, accessible to households living on $2/ day on an affordable 9-12 month micro-loan. The product is manufactured in our own factories in Lesotho and Cambodia and sold by in-house sales teams who go out to our (potential) customers.
The ACE Academy
We are operating in emerging markets and want to offer our employees a great workplace. One of the challenges we are facing is bridging the knowledge and skills gap of our employees. Since we are doing something unique, employees are often required to learn things they have no experience with when they are joining our team.
To achieve this, we are implementing our in-house training program: The ACE Academy.
The aim of this program is to educate, motivate and evaluate.
We do this by creating customised training and providing this for our employees. Currently, this program is led from Amsterdam by the Training Coordinator and supported by local Career Development Officers in Lesotho and Uganda.
Since we are growing rapidly, we expect to hire many new employees this year. That is why we are looking for an intern to support the ACE Academy Team in their daily operations.
Does this sound like the kind of work that you would be proud to be a part of? Tell us why you would be an amazing addition to this team. You will be part of the ACE Amsterdam team and work directly with the Training Coordinator, but you will also work with colleagues in Lesotho, Uganda, Kenya and Cambodia.
Duties and responsibilities
- Daily activities of the training department
- Creation of training content
- Preparing surveys and the analysis of these
- Evaluation of training activities and training content
- Supporting the Training Coordinator in the coordination of the team
- Creation of time schedules and overviews
- Track progress, priorities and deadlines of various activities
- Support in the introduction of an Employee Satisfaction Survey
Required Skills and experience:
- Student of Business Administration / Human Resource Development or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Quick learner with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in designing presentations. (Experience with Google Suite preferred.)
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send us:
- your CV
- a ‘motivation slide deck’: a motivation letter in the format of a presentation.
- For this internship, you will have to create slide decks regularly, so we’d love to see how you’d create one about yourself and your motivation to apply for this internship.
You can email these to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are being accepted until 6th February 2021, so please register your interest before then.