Are you passionate about Salesforce CRM development, design and management and want to use those skills in a unique, high impact, rapidly growing startup that is providing energy access to developing countries? Make your mark in the world and join the upper management of an award winning BCorp.
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating in Lesotho, Cambodia, Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology.
Our Salesforce org is our main database for all customer interaction, including the source of truth for our customer facing app, for measuring and visualising productivity, customer usage and business impact, for logging unique product records incl. Quality Control, as an integrated loan management tool and more. The list is long, varied and contains unprecedented data on this rarely reached customer segment.
We’re looking for someone to lead this department. You will work with our management teams in each market, our Senior Tech Developer and our Head of Data, as well as reporting directly to the COO. You will assess the growth strategy and start to build a team around you in order to prepare ACE for scale.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support the COO & Tech team in developing organisational Salesforce strategy.
- Develop, manage, and continually improve upon our Salesforce development roadmap, backlog, and processes, ensuring to prioritise areas that deliver greater impact across ACE.
- Coordinate & maintain an inhouse community of practice around systems across African Clean Energy. This should entail developing and training salesforce champions across all departments of ACE to build capacity across the organisation and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement. (We will add an additional member to your team with a core focus on these elements.)
You will need:
- Comprehensive and demonstrated experience in developing functionality in Salesforce Lightning with key focus on the areas of Object Manager, Process Automation features and Global Settings.
- Significant experience in leading and managing cross-organisational initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to capture complex ideas simply, both in written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail and focus – you pay great attention to getting the small details right.
- Optimising work processes – you know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Role: Data Systems Manager
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s COO Judith Joan Walker
Managing: One additional Salesforce admin in the short-mid term and guidance for local IT systems admins.
Compensation: Competitive pay for the industry
Are you the perfect candidate? Please email a CV and cover letter to:
We’re accepting applications until 15th August 2021 or until the role is filled.