Are you passionate about supply chain and procurement and want to use those skills in a unique, high impact, rapidly growing startup that is providing energy access to developing countries? Make your mark in the world and join the upper management of an award winning BCorp.
About African Clean Energy
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating two manufacturing facilities, in Lesotho and Cambodia, as well as distributing through in-house sales teams there and in Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology. We do this by making our clean energy system, the ACE One, accessible to households living on $2/ day on an affordable 9-12 month micro-loan. We manufacture our own products in the markets we serve, creating employment and ensuring consistency of products and services. We have also recently launched a PAYgo customer facing app, and have built an extensive integrated data collection system whereby we gather data directly from the customer through our sales teams in every market.
What’s the challenge?
We operate in multiple emerging markets and are rapidly growing! You will play a huge role in our expansion and growth strategies.
Does this sound like the kind of work that you would be proud to be a part of? Tell us why you are our next Supply Chain and Procurement Manager here in the talented Amsterdam team. You will work directly with Senior Management and manage several Supply Chain colleagues operating in each market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meticulous Supply Chain management including:
- Sourcing, procuring and the timely ordering of all components
- Scale up and cost reduction strategies
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximize working capital
- Working with freight forwards and transportation companies to set the best routes and rates (review and approve all freight terms and agreements).
- Create and manage the most efficient and cost effective customs and import policies
- Supply chain audit, ethics and policies
- Systems improvements (eg. improving consolidation)
- Supplier relationship management
Required Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with exceptional diligence, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Strong ethical compass
Role: Supply Chain and Procurement Manager
Reporting: Direct to ACE’s CEO Ruben Walker and COO Judith Joan Walker
Managing: Local market Supply Chain and Warehouse leads
Compensation: Competitive pay for the industry
If this role is made for you, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com to apply to this position. All applicants must be able to live and work in the Netherlands but working remotely will be considered.
Applications are being accepted until 10th January 2021, so please register your interest before then. Interviews will be held (digitally) in the third week of January 2021.