Looking for a driven intrapreneur
Are you a passionate and driven all-rounder looking to apply your skills and knowledge to a scaling startup working in multiple emerging markets? We’re looking for you to join our East African Operations team.
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing B Corp enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating in Lesotho, Cambodia, Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology.
Your focus will be on new business strategies, piloting and aligning operations to high level goals. This means you’ll be working on several projects at once, ensuring that there is a motivated team on the ground working towards a proof of concept, with guidance and support from our C-suite in Amsterdam and the Regional Directors.
Responsibilities will include
- Partial presence on the ground (~6 months Uganda/Kenya and ~6 months Netherlands per year) to keep in touch with the base and work together with the EA management and local teams to ensure successful implementation and integration of new company strategies in daily operations
- Continue to develop the renewable fuel supply chain program in East Africa. Develop market adoption strategies and ensure fuel quality and sustainability through our existing manufacturing partners. Analyse the performance of the fuel business unit.
- Work on the implementation of carbon credit monetisation. Our ACE One and ACE Fuels both have significant carbon emission reduction potential. We have developed a carbon offset methodology which quantifies the potential for our products across markets. We are aiming to implement carbon offset monetisation with this methodology in 2022, either through new blockchain partners active in carbon credits or through traditional bodies like GS or Verra.
- Work on writing project proposals for grants, subsidies and other funding options for activities in the region.
- Overview (strategic) activities on the ground and report on ongoings to HQ
- Meetings with organisations and exploring/establishing strategic partnerships
You will need:
- Bachelors and/or masters in relevant subject
- Minimum 2 years working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent digital literacy skills
- Cross cultural work experience
- Strong work ethic and motivation
Role: Business Development Manager EA
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s CEO Ruben Walker
Managing: Depends on project
Compensation: Competitive pay for the industry
Are you the perfect candidate? Please email a CV and cover letter to:
We’re accepting applications until 5th November 2021 or until the role is filled.