Work with us
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing B Corp enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating in Lesotho, Cambodia, Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology.
Because we are implementing multiple projects, new processes and new technologies simultaneously at a fast rate, we are on the hunt for smart, dedicated people to help us accomplish that. Could this be you?
Our ideal Microfinance Manager has a deep passion for the ins and outs of financial crediting toward low-income based individuals. They are ready to help maintain accurate consumer portfolios, report clear insights, and analysis of our progress internally and to our investors. This role will be at the core of our financial strategy for the future. Are you ready to contribute to our company’s greater impact through financial analysis and insights, financial shaping, and decision making?
Currently we are only accepting applicants already located in the Netherlands.
- Provide management team and key stakeholders with the right insights & analysis
- Monitors consumer finance portfolios
- Coordinating & communicating audits
- Helps to create consumer finance policy and strategy
- Support and management of country team leads
- Ensure flawless bookkeeping and SOPs are being implemented and followed in each market
- Update, maintain, and present financial models, budgets, and reports internally and externally
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in financial reporting, planning, strategic planning, and annual budgeting
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Entrepreneurial (self-driven) mindset
- Superior interpersonal skills and proven record of working cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and to run financial models
- Experience in data analysis and visualisation
- Strong ability to manage a high level of ambiguity in decision-making
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing environment
- An impeccable eye for detail
- Interest in international markets
- Confidence with digital tools – ACE uses Sage and Salesforce for loan management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to drive business results
Have questions about the position or ACE? Feel free to contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
*Applicants must be located in the Netherlands to be considered
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s Financial Controller Andra du Plooy
Managing: microfinance leads in each market
Job Type: Full time // Hybrid
Level of experience: Associate to Mid-Senior
Language: Strong English skills (other languages capabilities are a plus)
Perks at ACE
Fun multicultural work environment.
You’ll have the chance to work with multiple teams in market.
You make the call, work from home or at our office!