Work with us
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing B Corp enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating in Lesotho, Cambodia, Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology.
Because we are implementing multiple projects, new processes and new technologies simultaneously at a fast rate, we are on the hunt for smart, dedicated people to help us accomplish that at our head office in Amsterdam. Could this be you?
We’re looking for a highly motivated, passionate team player on the path towards becoming a rockstar front end developer for our Android apps based on a serverless infrastructure. If you have a knowledge in Kotlin language with an urge to learn and expand your knowledge, then we would love to hear from you.
App development will be just one of many of your hats – In this role you’ll also help to establish a Continuous Integration Pipeline in the tech team and work with the operations to streamline processes. If you are ready to expand your knowledge in a fast paced environment and have an affinity for impact and sustainability, this role is for you.
- Develop customer apps and internal apps with Android & Kotlin
- Assist in troubleshooting issues and bugs on current apps and systems
- Provide technical support related to web-based systems to internal teams
- Test and give feedback on new and existing technologies
- Create prototypes and experiment with new technologies and features
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors and/or masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant subject
- 1-2 years relevant working experience
- Proficiency and knowledge in Kotlin
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive with a strong work ethic and motivation
- Curious eager to learn mentality
- Cross cultural work experience
Have questions about the position or ACE? Feel free to contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s CTO Wang-Shi Hu
Managing: local tech teams in given markets
Job Type: Full time // Hybrid
Level of experience: beginner to medium
Language: Strong English capabilities (other languages capabilities are a plus)
Perks at ACE
Fun multicultural work environment.
You’ll have the chance to work with multiple teams in market.
You make the call, work from home or at our office!