Work with us
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing B Corp enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating in Lesotho, Cambodia, Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology.
Because we are implementing multiple projects, new processes and new technologies simultaneously at a fast rate, we are on the hunt for smart, dedicated people to help us accomplish that. Could this be you?
ACE Energy Solutions Uganda Limited needs an experienced and analytical Finance Manager for East Africa. Finance Manager EA reports directly to the Regional Director EA. Functionally the Finance Manager reports to the Financial Controller in Amsterdam.
The team of Finance East Africa will be led by the Finance Manager.
Empower and lead the Finance Team in East Africa to be able to handle, implement and develop activities and tasks needed to ensure effective and efficient financial operations and processes within the organisation.
- Set overall planning and control principles, guidelines, procedures and monitor compliance and execution in the Finance Department EA.
- Develop standard accounting procedures to improve financial operations efficiency.
- Ensure the maintenance of financial information systems, identify bottlenecks in the composition of management information and take the necessary actions to resolve issues.
- Formulate objectives and measures for the accounting and internal control systems and ensure implementation and monitoring in the form of internal audits.
- Monitor and manage all expenses within the allotted budget.
- Monitor and keep track of long-term funds and funds that are used in EA branches.
- Ensure EA financial administration, lead the preparation of the regular Budgets and monthly reports for EA branches.
- Ensure collection of financial data for the composition of different budgets and reports. Perform financial analysis, reporting and management of activities.
- Ensure explanations, rationales, analyses and clarifications once plans and reports are composed and provided.
- Ensure that financial reports are composed timely and accurate, for the benefit of institutional funds and donors, overviews of figures regarding to be entered and entered obligations and the progress of expenses and revenues.
- Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
- Ensure consolidation data from several (financial) records and compose annual reports for the benefit of external accountability.
- Payroll Administration – Monthly checking of the EA payroll in consultation with HR, which is prepared by the Finance Team with input of the HR changes and alterations over the period.
- Cash Flow Management – Responsible for analysis and in account payable and receivable activities.
- Reconciliation – Perform account reconciliation activities.
- Leadership and Administration
- Detect deviations in achievements compared to the set goals and advise the management regarding the measures and initiatives to be taken.
- In consultation with the HR department, hire and train new employees on financial operations Participate in performance evaluation of finance staff and conduct counselling sessions to identify skill development needs.
- Ensure the financial team follows company policies and regulations.
- Liaison with External Parties – Establish and maintain contacts with banks, statutory bodies and external auditors, carry responsibility for payments.
Skills & Experience
- MBA/CPA registered or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the service or manufacturing industries with focus on climate activities
- International finance experience
- Experience with multiple income streams
- Control and reporting experience
- Experience with remote working teams
- Strong accounting knowledge in international environment
- Adequate business understanding, in manufacturing and preferably service
- Strong organisational, planning and reporting skills
- Precise and timely work ethics
- Proven ability to coach, train and improve their colleagues
- High communication and collaboration, a real team player
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and other accounting softwares.
Have questions about the position or ACE? Feel free to contact us through email at email@example.com
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s COO Judith Joan Walker
Managing: Coordination role for projects in each market
Job Type: Full time // Hybrid
Level of experience: Low to Medium
Language: Strong English capabilities (other languages capabilities are a plus)
Perks at ACE
Fun multicultural work environment.
You’ll have the chance to work with multiple teams in market.
You make the call, work from home or at our office!