Work with us
African Clean Energy (ACE) is the rapidly growing manufacturer and distributor of its proprietary ACE One system, an innovative portable energy unit that combines wood-like fuels and solar power to provide clean efficient thermal energy (for cooking and heating) and basic electricity (for lighting, device charging, small electronics) to individual households in developing countries. From our HQ in Amsterdam, ACE manages subsidiaries in Lesotho, Uganda, Kenya and Cambodia; most products there are sold B2C on credit. The company is tech-focused, and is currently launching a new Android-enabled version of the ACE One, which will include Pay-As-You-Go functionality to decrease consumer credit risk, and dynamic usage data tracking to give vital insight on energy consumption trends.
Working across international markets provides challenges to maintain accurate financial control and ACE strives to maintain a very high level of insight and full compliance across the board. There are financial and/or administrative teams in each of our markets working diligently to maintain their records, and we want to provide excellent leadership, guidance and support from ACE Global head office in Amsterdam to ensure we continue on a path of growth and success.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant with a passion for financial analysis, who will help us maintain accurate records, report our progress internally and to our investors and become a core part of the finance team in planning our future. This role has growth and travel opportunities.
Currently we are only accepting applicants already located in the Netherlands.
- Assist with prepare monthly financial reports for internal and external use
- Assist with annual reviews documents and compiling of annual financial reports
- Manage the annual budget process with all the markets and prepare group budget for external and internal use
- Ensure flawless bookkeeping and standard operating procedures are being implemented and followed in each market
- Assist with update, maintain and present financial models and reports internally and externally
- Financial KPI tracking and analysis on a monthly bases
- Ensure timely compliance with tax and accounting regulations in each market
- Performing analysis on financial information to provide management with the correct information for decision making
- Assisting local teams with accounting and reporting questions when they arise
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of accounting and/or financial accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Experience in working virtually
- A passion for financial strategy
- An impeccable eye for detail
- Interest in international markets
- Confidence with accounting software – ACE uses Sage
- Excellent communication skills
Have questions about the position or ACE? Feel free to contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
*must be located in the Netherlands to apply
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s Global Financial Controller Andra du Plooy
Start date: 1st March 2023
Job Type: Full time // Hybrid
Level of experience: Medium-Senior
Language: Strong English capabilities (other languages capabilities are a plus)
This document is not an exhaustive list of any and all day to day activities and the candidate must recognise that he/she may be asked to assist on tasks that fall slightly out of the scope of work from time to time in order to work towards achieving the tasks and goals as outlined.
Perks at ACE
Fun multicultural work environment.
You’ll have the chance to work with multiple teams in market.
You make the call, work from home or at our office!