Work with us
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating two manufacturing facilities, in Lesotho and Cambodia, as well as distributing through in-house sales teams there and in Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology. We do this by making our clean energy system, the ACE One, accessible to households living on $2/ day on an affordable 9-12 month microloan. We manufacture our own products in the markets we serve, creating employment and ensuring consistency of products and services. We have also recently launched a PAYgo customer facing app, and have built an extensive integrated data collection system whereby we gather data directly from the customer through our sales teams in every market.
Are you passionate about supply chain and procurement and want to use those skills in a unique, high impact, rapidly growing startup that is providing energy access to developing countries? Then come make your mark on the world at ACE. You will work directly with Senior Management and manage several Supply Chain colleagues operating in each market.
Currently we are only accepting applicants already located in the Netherlands.
- Meticulous Supply Chain management including:
- Sourcing, procuring and the timely ordering of all components
- Scale up and cost reduction strategies
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximize working capital
- Working with freight forwards and transportation companies to set the best routes and rates (review and approve all freight terms and agreements).
- Create and manage the most efficient and cost effective customs and import policies
- Supply chain audit, ethics and policies
- Systems improvements (eg. improving consolidation)
- Supplier relationship management
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with exceptional diligence, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Strong ethical compass
Have questions about the position or ACE? Feel free to contact us through email at email@example.com
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Reporting: Direct reporting to ACE’s COO Judith Joan Walker and the Global Financial Controller
Managing: local supply chain colleagues opetating in each market
Job Type: Full time
Level of experience: Medium to High
Language: Strong English capabilities (other languages capabilities are a plus)
Perks at ACE
Fun multicultural work environment.
You’ll have the chance to work with multiple teams in multiple markets
You make the call, work from home or at our office!