Work with us
We are African Clean Energy. We are a rapidly growing B Corp enterprise focused on enabling decentralised access to clean energy for households in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. We are currently operating in Lesotho, Cambodia, Kenya and Uganda. Our mission is to eliminate the worst forms of poverty on a platform of clean energy and smartphone technology.
Because we are implementing multiple projects, new processes and new technologies simultaneously at a fast rate, we are on the hunt for smart, dedicated people to help us accomplish that at our head office in Amsterdam. Could this be you?
Our Support Engineer will play a key role in optimising the quality, security and efficiency of the work performed by our colleagues at our head office and in our local markets. We need a tech savvy go getter to take full ownership of the productivity, security and efficiency of our company-wide IT systems. In this position you will ensure that the appropriate systems are in place, working properly and being used in the correct way. You will support our greater ACE team with their daily IT issues and questions, and manage incidents. Next to this you will also be responsible for user management, including on- and offboarding. You will also help create and instil user protocols for data management for our local markets.
This is your chance to join a fast growing company in a diverse and exciting role, with plenty of room for learning and growth.
- Support with daily IT issues, questions and incidents
- Create documentation of processes and protocol of our software and tools
- Management of onboarding and offboarding within systems
- Help to drive IT focus and management for local markets
- General systems account management and administration (incl. strong overview)
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in working with IT management
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in IT related field
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of how systems communicate (both front and back end)
- Understand HTTP protocol and APIs
- Superior interpersonal skills and proven record of working cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Salesforce, Google Workspace
- Highly organised with a great sense of prioritising
- Proactive team player
Have questions about the position or ACE? Feel free to contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reporting: Direct reporting to African Clean Energy’s CTO Wang-Shi Hu
Managing: Local IT leads in given markets
Job Type: Full time // Hybrid
Level of experience: Beginner to Medium
Language: Strong English capabilities (Other language capabilities are a plus)
Perks at ACE
Fun multicultural work environment.
You’ll have the chance to work with multiple teams in market.
You make the call, work from home or at our office!